As part of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission’s (ACQSC) process for accreditation under the new Aged Care Quality Standards (ACQS), a standardised set of seven questions
are asked of each provider.
MOA supports our partner providers with the tools, and reporting, to provide the evidence required to answer each of these 7 questions on demand.
||Applicabale MOA Tool
||Have there been any adverse findings by another regulatory agency or oversight body in the last 12 months? (e.g. Healthcare complaints commission or similar, Food safety authority, Workcover, etc).
- Interventions and improvements logged.
||What trends do your complaints data show?
- Number of complaints received.
||How many consumers are receiving pressure injury care?
- Number of pressure injuries developed in this service.
- Number of pressure injuries on admission.
- Number of pressure injuries on return from other services.
||Have there been any medication incidents in the past 6 months where a consumer required hospitalisation or attention by a medical officer?
- Medication incident indicators.
- Unplanned transfers to hospital.
||How many consumers have had falls and required medical attention in the past 3 months?
- Observed falls with injury.
- Found on floor with injury, unobserved.
||How many consumers at the service are currently receiving psychotropic medications? (To be captured as a rate or percent of total consumers at the service.) How many consumers are restrained in order to manage risks to themselves or others at the service? (To be captured as a rate or percent of total consumers at the service.)
- Physical restraint.
- Chemical restraint.
||Can you tell me about incidents in the past 6 months where a consumer or staff member has required medical attention as a result of challenging behaviour from a consumer?
- Care recipient aggressive incidents toward staff.