As part of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission’s (ACQSC) process for accreditation under the new Aged Care Quality Standards (ACQS), a standardised set of seven questions
are asked of each provider.
MOA supports our partner providers with the tools, and reporting, to provide the evidence required to answer each of these 7 questions on demand.
||Applicabale MOA Tool
||Have there been any adverse findings from other regulatory bodies (e.g. food safety, WorkCover etc.) in the past 12 months?
- Interventions and improvements logged.
||What trends do your complaints data show?
- Number of complaints received.
||How many care recipients are receiving pressure injury care?
- Number of pressure injuries developed in this service.
- Number of pressure injuries on admission.
- Number of pressure injuries on return from other services.
||Have there been any medication incidents in the past 6 months where a consumer required hospitalisation or attention by a medical officer?
- Medication incident indicators.
- Unplanned transfers to hospital.
||How many care recipients have had falls and required medical attention in the past 3 months?
- Observed falls with injury.
- Found on floor with injury, unobserved.
||How many care recipients are subject to physical or chemical restraint?
- Physical restraint.
- Chemical restraint.
||Are there any incidents in the last 6 months where a care recipient or staff has required medical attention as a result of challenging behaviour from a care recipient?
- Care recipient aggressive incidents toward staff.